Listed below are insurance plans with which we participate or can file claims. If you are not sure if we participate with your insurance or have questions regarding what your out of network options may be, please contact your insurance carrier.
Please note that a quote of benefits and/or authorization does not guarantee payment or verify eligibility.
Payment of benefits are subject to all terms, conditions, limitations, and exclusions of the member's contract
at time of service.
Uninsured Patients can use this information to learn more about the various opportunities to become insured.
Participating Insurance Plans:
Aetna - all plans (HMO/POS/EPO/QPOS/MC/PPO) Visit Website
- Aetna Choice POS
- Aetna Open access
- Aetna Select
- Elect Choice EPO
- Managed Choice
- Open Choice PPO
- Aetna Chickering
- Principal Life/Aetna
- Innovation Health/Signature Partners HMO plans
- Innovation Health/Signature Partners Open Access/Managed Choice plans for Virginia only
Care First Blue Cross Blue Shield (we are Preferred Practitioners) Visit Website
- Blue Choice HMO
- Blue Preferred
- Federal Employee Program
- Healthy Blue
- National Account
Out of State PPO
Cigna Visit Website
- PPO/HMO/POS/EPO/Open Access/Network
- Cigna Medicare (No New Patients)
- Connecticut General
- Great West
- Note – We DO NOT PARTICIPATE with Cigna “Connect Network” Plans
Johns Hopkins HealthCare Visit Website
- Johns Hopkins US Family Health Plan (USFHP) (A GIMG Physician must be selected as the PCP)
Medicare Plans Visit Website
(GIMG accepts established patients who are moving to Medicare coverage. In addition, a few of our Physicians will accept “New Patients” with Medicare Insurance. Please call our office to check who may see Medicare patients)
- Traditional Medicare Part B
- RailRoad Medicare Part B
- Aetna HMO Medicare
- Cigna HMO Medicare
- United Healthcare Medicare Advantage PPO ONLY – No United Healthcare HMO
United Health Care Visit Website
- Choice Plus
- GEHA/ One Net (formally Alliance)
- Golden Rule
- One Net
- Optimum Choice HMO/Direct
- Note - We DO NOT PARTICIPATE with United Medicare HMO Plans
- Note - We DO NOT PARTICIPATE with AARP Medicare HMO Plans
Plans we do not participate with but can file claims:
While we do not participate with the following insurance plans, we can still submit your claim if you have out of network benefits. However, GIMG does not accept assignment and you may experience higher out-of-pocket costs because we are non-participating provider.
- Anthem PPO Plans: Claims are filed to our local CareFirst carrier and contractual adjustments are made.
- Anthem Healthkeepers: Healthkeepers is an HMO plan that does not have out of network benefits. We cannot submit claims and patients are responsible for payment in full at time of service.
Tricare Plans: Visit Website
- Tricare Prime requires members to contact their MTF to obtain an Authorization prior to being seen. Claims will be processed as POS and subject to the $300 deductible and cost share. As a non participating provider, GIMG does not accept assignment on claims filed with Tricare and therefore your out of pocket cost may be higher.
- Tricare Standard does not require prior authorization. A $300 deductible and cost share will apply.
Other Non-Participating Plans:
- AARP Medicare Replacement HMO
- Cigna Connect Network
- First Health/ Coventry
- Multi Plan
- Mutual of Omaha
- Oxford Health
- United Medicare Replacement HMO